ELECTRONICS AND COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING :
Power Electronics | Electronics Product Design Technology | Electronics and Power Engineering | Electronics and Media Technology
Electronics & Communication Engineering deals with the electronic devices, circuits, communication equipments like transmitter, receiver, integrated circuits (IC). It also deals with basic electronics, analog and digital transmission & reception of data, voice and video (Example AM, FM, DTH), microprocessors, satellite communication, microwave engineering, antennae and wave progression. It aims to deepen the knowledge and skills of the students on the basic concepts and theories that will equip them in their professional work involving analysis, systems implementation, operation, production, and maintenance of the various applications in the field of Electronics and Communications Engineering.
- For UG: The candidate should have passed 10+2 examination from CBSE or any other equivalent examination board with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as core subjects. The candidates should also fulfil minimum qualifying marks in aggregate of the subjects.
- For PG: The candidate should have a B.Tech degree with a minimum passing percentage in aggregate of the subjects studied at the degree level.
What does an Electronics & Communication Engineer do?
All of the applications which make our life easier and enjoyable such as Television, Radio, Computers, Mobiles etc. are designed and developed by Electronics and Communication Engineers
- Design and maintain satellites, which bring TV, telephone and Internet service into remote and rural regions
- ECE Engineers also creates advanced communication facilities like video conferencing which bring people together from all over the world
- Develops programs for various control and communication systems
What is the future for a Electronics & Communication Engineering graduate?
Electronic & Communication Engineers can find the opportunities in any of the following category…..
Electronics and Communication Engineering
Opens up great career prospects for the students. The students after completion of the degree can easily avail job opportunities in manufacturing industries and service organizations such as broadcasting, consulting, data communication, entertainment, research and development; and system support. The candidates can also work in modern multimedia service firms that are involved in real-time transfer of information through video conferencing and internet broadcasting.
The opportunities are galore for electronics and communication engineers as they are employed in variety of sectors such as Indian Telephone Industries, Civil Aviation, Development Centers in various States, Defense, NPL, A.I.R, Posts and Telegraph Department, Railways, Bharat Electronics Limited, D.R.D.O, Telecommunication, Software Engineering/IT, Power sector, Hardware Manufacturing, Home Appliance and VLSI design, Television Industry and Research & Development.
Some job titles
- Service Engineer
- Software Analyst
- Technical Director
- Field Test Engineer
- Senior Sales Manager
- Network Planning Engineer
- Customer Support Engineer
- Electronics and Communications Consultant
- Research & Development Software Engineer