Information technology (IT) is the technology required for information processing. In particular the use of electronic computers and computer software to convert, store, protect, process, transmit and retrieve information from anywhere, anytime.
- For UG: The candidate should have passed 10+2 examination from CBSE or any other equivalent examination board with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as core subjects. The candidates should also fulfil minimum qualifying marks in aggregate of the subjects.
- For PG: The candidate should have a B.Tech in civil engineering with a minimum passing percentage in an aggregate of the subjects studied at undergraduate level.
What does an IT graduate do?
- Design/Develop Website or web based solutions
- Design/Develop Software used for various industries
What is the future for an Information Technology graduate?
Information Technology Engineers can find the opportunities in any of the following category
- Design / Development / Testing/ Maintenance of software in IT industry
- Networking & Security administrator in IT or any computerized industry
- Research & Development Engineer…..
Information Technology stream offers a lot of job opportunities for the graduates. IT Service provider based companies concerned in hardware/software development, application and its testing employ IT professionals.
Some of the top companies employ IT Engineers such as Unisys, Qualcomm, Tata Elixi, Sasken Communications, Airtel, BSNL, Hutchison,Vodafone, VSNL, Accenture, Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd, ASUS, Cisco Systems, National Instruments, Cypress Semiconductor Tech. Ltd, BEL, Robert Bosch, Alcatel, Siemens, Boeing, Analog Devices India, Insilica Semiconductors and Xilinx India. There are also lots of job opportunities available in India as well as abroad.
Some job titles
- S/W Developer
- Quality Analyst
- IT Specialists
- Technology Engineer
- Technical Consultant
- Software Developer
- Graphic Designer