B. Tech (Chemical Engineering) Admission in Maharashtra Institute of Technology (MIT), Pune
B. Tech (Chemical Engineering) in MIT Pune
MAEER’S Maharashtra Institute of Technology MIT Pune Kothrud Main Campus, established in 1983, is today among the top engineering colleges in India. The news magazine ‘Outlook’ has ranked MIT Pune as 1st in Maharashtra & 11th in India amongst the finest Private Engineering Colleges. MIT is affiliated to the University of Pune and recognized by the Government of Maharashtra and the All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi. MIT, Pune Institutes offer four year degree courses in various branches of engineering and post graduate courses in select areas. Admission to all courses is based on merit as per rules and norms laid down by the Director Technical Education ( DTE), Maharashtra State. Direct Admission Management Quota Admission
MIT Pune has understood the importance of this new development and therefore has started International Education Centre to act as a single window facilitator to International (foreign) students for admissions to different institutions of MIT Pune. There are about 71 Institutions run by MIT Pune offering courses in Engineering, Management, Medicine, Pharmacy and so on.
B. Tech (Chemical Engineering)
Engineering is the profession in which knowledge of mathematics and natural sciences is used to the benefit of mankind. Engineers develop solutions to the problems of society within the constraints of economy and environment. Their primary job function includes activities such as design, analysis, manufacturing, research, sales, management, consulting and many more. New generation engineers are required to cope up with rapid changes in both, domain knowledge and nature of problems to be solved. Engineering profession is becoming increasingly interdisciplinary; making demands on knowledge, skills as well as personality. Our B. Tech Programme is based on the three cardinal principles: providing social context to education, giving maximum choice to the student to choose a career path and encouraging active learning.
Why to Choose?
Chemical engineers have been improving our well-being for more than a century. From the development of smaller, faster computer chips to innovations in recycling, treating disease, cleaning water, and generating energy. Chemical engineers work in manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, healthcare, design and construction, pulp and paper, petrochemicals, food processing, specialty chemicals, microelectronics, electronic and advanced materials, polymers, business services, biotechnology, environmental health and safety industries, among others. At MIT-WPU, we develop Chemical Engineers with sound human values and sense of world citizenship.
- Provide world-class undergraduate engineering curriculum comprising of foundation, core, electives and unique courses related to World Peace along with live projects.
- Prepare and equip students for opportunities in ever changing electrical and electronics engineering domain with hands-on industrial training.
- Transform the students to become globally competent professionals through international training/internship.
- Nurture the creativity and inculcate entrepreneurial skills among the students.
- Active Learning Pedagogy
- Choice of elective subjects from wide spectrum of subjects
- Industrial Internship for students
- Emphasis on social context in engineering education
- National as well as International exposure to enhance students’ vision and enrich their personality
- Experiential learning in association with industry
- Interactions with national and international experts
- An ideal blend of academics with sports, culture, yoga for holistic lifestyle
- Inclusion of Philosophy and World Peace teachings in curriculum
- International Study Tour of four weeks with unique Modular Certificate Course and visits to various distinguished universities and international exhibitions
- Dedicated training and placement support
- One week Social Internship at the end of the first year for exposure to community issues and needs
- Mentoring to realize individual learning path
In this Programme, You will learn….
First year provides foundation of basic sciences including living systems. Since design is an activity central to the engineering profession, students in the very first year are exposed to design thinking. Social internship in first year is credit based and exposes the students to the problems faced by community. This is expected to sow the seeds of socially oriented innovation in the students’ mind. Second year courses are designed to provide grounding in basic chemical engineering sciences such as Chemical Process Calculations, Fluid Mechanics, Thermodynamics, Heat Transfer, and Particulate Technology. Summer internship at the end of second year involves guided study tour. The tour will expose students to our diverse culture, technology achievements and challenges. Third and fourth year will include the subjects belonging to his/her chosen track within Chemical Engineering. Track subjects are designed to cater to the careers in Process Design and Simulation, Chemical Process Safety, Refining and Petrochemicals, and Fine Chemical Sector. International study tour of four weeks will offer global exposure. Capstone project in the final year and host of mini-projects throughout the course will inculcate problem solving skills, team spirit, professional ethics and habit of self-learning.
How will this Programme be taught?
Our programme offers three tracks of specialization which lead to careers in Process Design and Simulation, Chemical Process Safety, Refining and Petrochemicals, and Fine Chemical Sector. The curriculum is imparted with active learning methods like Problem Based Learning (PBL), Experiential Learning and Collaborative Learning.
- Number of years: Four
- Academic Pattern: Trimester
- Electives: Choice based electives to follow specialization tracks
- Credit System: Choice based Credit Systems, 180 + Credits
According to the structure and syllabus the contents are categorized as
- BS : Basic Sciences
- EC : Engineering Core
- DC : Departmental Core
- DE : Departmental Electives
- HS : Humanities and Sciences
- SK : Skill based Courses
MIT-WPU Method for Academics
A Revolutionary Education System that is completely flexible and continuously updated while interacting with surroundings. Contemplates on the future requirements of students while focusing on the inclusion of those traits in current students in real time.
- Live Project at National level
- Opportunity to work on interdisciplinary projects
- Industry Internship at national level
- International modular training/certification programmes at reputed organization/university
- Dr. G. D. Yadav VC, ICT Mumbai
- Dr. V. V. Ranade, Professor, Queen’s University Belfast, UK
- Sameer Hiremath, Joint MD, HIKAL Ltd.
- Sanjay Chougule, Sr. GM, ICICI
- Raghvendra Gaikaiwari, MD, High-Tech Biosciences Laboratories
- Sadanand Yadwadkar, Ex-President, Reliance Industries Ltd.
- Avinash Dharmadhikari, IAS (Retd.)
- Dr. Achala Danait, Vice President R&D, Clariant Chemicals (India) Ltd.
- Dr B. D. Kulkarni, Ex-Deputy Director, NCL, Pune
- Dinesh Deshpande, Former Executive Director, HPCL, Mumbai
Curriculum is delivered through highly qualified and experienced domestic/ international faculties and industry professionals.
Evaluation pattern: Continuous evaluation, Midterm, End semester examination, Practical and Oral examination.
|Hostel:||Spacious Rooms (AC/Non-AC), Laundry|
|Canteens:||Wide range of meal options|
|Recreation facilities:||Sports – Basketball court, Gymnasium, Wrestling arena, Volleyball court and Athletics track|
|Classroom:||Equipped with audio-visual facilities, modern ICT facilities|
|Laboratories:||State-of-the-art Laboratory Infrastructure|
|Auditorium:||Fully air conditioned with around 800 seating capacity with excellent acoustics used by students for performing arts and movie screening|
Life @ Campus
Technical competitions arranged by students/college
NIRMITEE (Civil Engineering), TEXEPHYR (Mechanical, Computer, E&TC, IT), Society of Petroleum Engineers (Petroleum), PETROTECH (Petrochemical) and AFFINITY (Polymer)
Annual social gathering, trekking, inspirational movie screening, heritage tour visits to empower students in rural area.
ROBOCON: International and national level competitions on Robotics, ONGC Chair Programs in Oil and Gas sector. IEEE International Conference on Internet of Things and Applications (IOTA’2016), IEEE International Workshop on Internet of Things and TV White Spaces (WIOT’2017)
- Reservation policy as laid down by Government of Maharashtra
- Seats for admission in the university for the student belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribes, De-notified Tribes, Nomadic Tribes, Other Backward Classes and Handicapped Students, shall be reserved as per the policy of the State Government. The total reservation in any case shall not exceed 50%.
- Out of total intake, 70% of seats shall be reserved for the students domiciled in State of Maharashtra.
For Maharashtra State Candidate & All India Candidate
- The Candidate should be an Indian National;
- Passed HSC or its equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry or Biotechnology or Biology or Technical Vocational subjects, and obtained at least 50 % marks (at least 45 % marks, in case of Backward class categories and Persons with Disability candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only) in the above subjects taken together and
- Obtained score in MHT-CET 2017 conducted by the Competent Authority. OR Obtained score in JEE (Main) 2017 conducted by the Competent Authority.
- Passed Diploma in Engineering and Technology and obtained at least 50 % marks (at least 45 % marks, in case of Backward class categories and Persons with Disability candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only);
Merit based, on the basis of marks in HSC (2017), JEE Main (2017), MHT-CET (2017) score. As per the norms laid down by the Government of Maharashtra for the year 2017-18
Application Form Fees
MIT Pune Courses Offered :
|Sr. No.||MIT Pune BTech Departments||Intake||Sr. No.||MIT Pune MTech Departments||Intake|
|1||Mechanical Engineering||90||1||Mechanical – Design Engineering||18|
|2||Civil Engineering||60||2||Mechanical – Heat Power||18|
|3||E&TC Engineering||120||3||Electronics – Digital System||18|
|4||Computer Engineering||120||4||Civil – Structure Engineering||18|
|5||Petroleum Engineering||60||5||Civil – Construction & Management||18|
|6||Information Technology||60||6||Computer Engineering||18|
|7||Polymer Engineering||60||7||Petroleum Engineering||18|
|8||Petrochemical Engineering||30||8||Polymer Engineering||18|
MIT Pune Placement Records
|S.No.||MIT Pune Engineering Branches||*2013 – 14||*2012 – 13||2011 – 12||2010 – 11||2009 -10|
|Total number of companies visited|
|Highest package (cost to company) in rs. Lakhs|
|Average package (cost to company) in rs. Lakhs|
MIT Pune Life on Campus
Our Offices Locations : We are based In PUNE / NAVIMUMBAI / CHENNAI / NOIDA & BANGALORE.
Note :We are receiving a lot of queries regarding medical & dental admission. If we couldn’t answer your call you are requested to mail your detailed requirement in the above given e-mail id.