B. Tech (Computer Science Engineering) in MIT Pune
MAEER’S Maharashtra Institute of Technology MIT Pune Kothrud Main Campus, established in 1983, is today among the top engineering colleges in India. The news magazine ‘Outlook’ has ranked MIT Pune as 1st in Maharashtra & 11th in India amongst the finest Private Engineering Colleges. MIT is affiliated to the University of Pune and recognized by the Government of Maharashtra and the All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi. MIT, Pune Institutes offer four year degree courses in various branches of engineering and post graduate courses in select areas. Admission to all courses is based on merit as per rules and norms laid down by the Director Technical Education ( DTE), Maharashtra State. Direct Admission Management Quota Admission
MIT Pune has understood the importance of this new development and therefore has started International Education Centre to act as a single window facilitator to International (foreign) students for admissions to different institutions of MIT Pune. There are about 71 Institutions run by MIT Pune offering courses in Engineering, Management, Medicine, Pharmacy and so on.
B. Tech (Computer Science Engineering)
Engineering is the profession in which knowledge of mathematics and natural sciences is used to the benefit of mankind. Engineers develop solutions to the problems of society within the constraints of economy and environment. Their primary job function includes activities such as design, analysis, manufacturing, research, sales, management, consulting and many more. New generation engineers are required to cope up with rapid changes in both, domain knowledge and nature of problems to be solved. Engineering profession is becoming increasingly interdisciplinary; making demands on knowledge, skills as well as personality. Our B. Tech Programme is based on the three cardinal principles: providing social context to education, giving maximum choice to the student to choose a career path and encouraging active learning.
Why to Choose?
The Computer Science & Engineering Programme under MIT-WPU has strong focus on developing a deep understanding from the fundamentals of computer science to core disciplinary. Emphasis would be given on providing appropriate skills to meet the fast changing needs of the Computer industry at both national and international levels. The sub disciplines of the programme include data mining, computer networks, soft computing and embedded systems with IoT. MIT-WPU programmes ensure an overall development of students through social internship, national and international certification programmes and study tours moulding them into winning personalities.
- Adapt to rapidly changing technical scenario
- Lead teams of multi-disciplinary professionals with the sense of integrity, discipline and social responsibility
- Design and develop systems in various domains
- Demonstrate Innovative and Entrepreneurial spirit in their professional careers
- Perfect blend of academia, industry, and research
- One trimester industry project
- Continuous learning at rural areas to understand the problems and provide solutions
- Curriculum is delivered through highly qualified and experienced domestic/international faculties, and industry professionals
- Opportunity to work on interdisciplinary projects
- Excellent academic ambience with vibrant campus life
- On-campus Incubation Centre to nurture the Start-Ups
- State-of-the-art infrastructure
- Scholarships/On-campus jobs
In this Programme, You will learn….
- Knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering.
- Identify, formulate, and analyze complex engineering problems.
- Design solutions with safety, cultural, societal and environmental considerations.
- Select and apply modern engineering tools.
- Follow professional ethics and norms of engineering practice.
- Work as an individual and as a team member/leader in multicultural and multidisciplinary teams.
- Communicate effectively.
- Engage in independent and lifelong learning.
Students would learn courses like Network and Security, Artificial Intelligence and Data Mining, Embedded Systems, Digital Signal Processing, Internet of Things (IoT), Databases, Big data and Machine Learning, Operating Systems and System Software.
How will this Programme be taught?
One of the most sought after disciplines of engineering, Computer Science & Engineering involves problem solving and developing systems in every walk of human life. At MIT-WPU, we develop Computer Engineers with sound human values and sense of world citizenship. Our objective is to offer students with real life industrial exposure. National and International study tour will offer global exposure to our students. Our programme offers various tracks of specialization which lead to careers in cutting edge technologies like Network and Security, Big Data and Business Intelligence, Embedded Systems and IoT, etc. The curriculum is imparted with active learning methods like Problem Based Learning (PBL), experimental learning and collaborative learning. Choice based course selection, industry projects and electives across disciplines offer much needed inter-disciplinary approach to budding Computer Engineers. The department is equipped with the state-of-the art infrastructure, highly experienced faculty and strong industry academia connect.
- Number of years: Four
- Academic Pattern: Trimester
- Electives: Choice based electives to follow specialization tracks
- Credit System: Choice based Credit Systems, 180 + Credits
According to the structure and syllabus the contents are categorized as
- BS : Basic Sciences
- EC : Engineering Core
- DC : Departmental Core
- DE : Departmental Electives
- HS : Humanities and Sciences
- SK : Skill based Courses
MIT-WPU Method for Academics
A Revolutionary Education System that is completely flexible and continuously updated while interacting with surroundings. Contemplates on the future requirements of students while focusing on the inclusion of those traits in current students in real time.
- Live Project at National level
- Community based learning experience at rural areas to understand the problems and provide solutions
- Opportunity to work on interdisciplinary projects
- Industry internship at national level
- International modular training/certification programs at reputed organization/university
- Dr. Vijay Bhatkar, Eminent Computer Scientist, Padma Shri, Padma Bhushan
- Dr. Mathai Joseph, Eminent Computer Scientist
- Dr. Umesh Bellur, Professor, CSE, IIT Bombay
- Dr. Sachin Lodha, Principal Scientist, TRDDC
- Mr. Mahesh Paradkar, Sr. Manager,IBM
Curriculum is delivered through highly qualified and experienced domestic/international faculties and industry professionals.
Evaluation Pattern: Continuous evaluation, End semester examination.
|Hostel:||Spacious Rooms (AC/Non-AC), Laundry|
|Canteens:||Wide range of meal options|
|Recreation facilities:||Sports – Basketball court, Gymnasium, Wrestling arena, Volleyball court and Athletics track|
|Classroom:||Equipped with audio-visual facilities, modern ICT facilities|
|Laboratories:||State-of-the-art Laboratory Infrastructure|
|Auditorium:||Fully air conditioned with around 800 seating capacity with excellent acoustics used by students for performing arts and movie screening|
Life @ Campus
Technical competitions arranged by students/college
NIRMITEE (Civil Engineering), TEXEPHYR (Mechanical, Computer, E&TC, IT), Society of Petroleum Engineers (Petroleum), PETROTECH (Petrochemical) and AFFINITY (Polymer)
Annual social gathering, trekking, inspirational movie screening, heritage tour visits to empower students in rural area.
ROBOCON: International and national level competitions on Robotics, ONGC Chair Programs in Oil and Gas sector. IEEE International Conference on Internet of Things and Applications (IOTA’2016), IEEE International Workshop on Internet of Things and TV White Spaces (WIOT’2017)
- Reservation policy as laid down by Government of Maharashtra
- Seats for admission in the university for the student belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribes, De-notified Tribes, Nomadic Tribes, Other Backward Classes and Handicapped Students, shall be reserved as per the policy of the State Government. The total reservation in any case shall not exceed 50%.
- Out of total intake, 70% of seats shall be reserved for the students domiciled in State of Maharashtra.
For Maharashtra State Candidate & All India Candidate
- The Candidate should be an Indian National;
- Passed HSC or its equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry or Biotechnology or Biology or Technical Vocational subjects, and obtained at least 50 % marks (at least 45 % marks, in case of Backward class categories and Persons with Disability candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only) in the above subjects taken together and
- Obtained score in MHT-CET 2017 conducted by the Competent Authority. OR Obtained score in JEE (Main) 2017 conducted by the Competent Authority.
- Passed Diploma in Engineering and Technology and obtained at least 50 % marks (at least 45 % marks, in case of Backward class categories and Persons with Disability candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only);
Merit based, on the basis of marks in HSC (2017), JEE Main (2017), MHT-CET (2017) score. As per the norms laid down by the Government of Maharashtra for the year 2017-18
Application Form Fees
MIT Pune Courses Offered :
|Sr. No.||MIT Pune BTech Departments||Intake||Sr. No.||MIT Pune MTech Departments||Intake|
|1||Mechanical Engineering||90||1||Mechanical – Design Engineering||18|
|2||Civil Engineering||60||2||Mechanical – Heat Power||18|
|3||E&TC Engineering||120||3||Electronics – Digital System||18|
|4||Computer Engineering||120||4||Civil – Structure Engineering||18|
|5||Petroleum Engineering||60||5||Civil – Construction & Management||18|
|6||Information Technology||60||6||Computer Engineering||18|
|7||Polymer Engineering||60||7||Petroleum Engineering||18|
|8||Petrochemical Engineering||30||8||Polymer Engineering||18|
MIT Pune Placement Records
|S.No.||MIT Pune Engineering Branches||*2013 – 14||*2012 – 13||2011 – 12||2010 – 11||2009 -10|
|Total number of companies visited|
|Highest package (cost to company) in rs. Lakhs|
|Average package (cost to company) in rs. Lakhs|
MIT Pune Life on Campus
Our Offices Locations : We are based In PUNE / NAVIMUMBAI / CHENNAI / NOIDA & BANGALORE.
Note :We are receiving a lot of queries regarding medical & dental admission. If we couldn’t answer your call you are requested to mail your detailed requirement in the above given e-mail id.