- Address | Barrackpore – Kalyani Expressway, Block A, Phase III, Dist. Nadia, Kalyani, West Bengal 741235.
- Affiliation | Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology
- Founded | 2000
- Course Offered | B.Tech | M.Tech | MCA
- Total Fees for 4 yr B.Tech Course | Rs 3, 99,800
- Entrance Exam Required | WBJEE | JEE Main | CEE – AMPAI
- Approved By | AICTE | NBA | NAAC
Ranking | The Institution has been chosen as commencement venue by the Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) in its inception as a National Institution.This is one of the noted self-financed college in India, with a ranking of 98th among the private engineering colleges in India.
Admission procedure and eligibility | AMPAI or WBJEE
Under-Graduate Courses B.E/B.Tech
- Computer Science & Engineering | Intake 120 Seats
- Information Technology | Intake 120 Seats
- Electronics & Communication Engineering | Intake 120 Seats
- Electrical Engineering | Intake 120 Seats
- Applied Electronics And Instrumentation Engineering | Intake 60 Seats
- Civil Engineering | Intake 120 Seats
- Bio – Medical Engineering | Intake 60 Seats
Eligibility & Admission Procedure |
- Admission in first year B.Tech courses is done through the counselling process conducted by West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board (WBJEEB). A candidate need to secure a rank in either WBJEE or AIEEE to attain counselling conducted by WBJEEB.
- Admission in second year B.Tech courses is done through Lateral entry scheme. Candidate should have Diploma in Engineering / Technology with minimum 60% marks from any Polytechnic Institute recognized by AICTE.
- All above criteria are subject to change as per WBJEE Board notification. Candidate must follow the Joint Entrance Board Website for Details Criteria. Institute follows statutory reservation rules for SC/ST/PC candidates as per State Government norms.
- Duration | 4 Years
- Tution Fees | 1st Semester 78600 | 2nd Semester 44000 | 3rd 45100 | 4th 45100 — — — —
- Hostel Fees (if required) Admission Fees (at the time of admission) | Rs.5000
- Hostel Charges (Food & Lodging) Rs.5500/- per month to be paid in advance
- per semester, i.e. January to June and July to December : Rs.33000
- Time of admission total amount to be paid for hostel : Rs.38000
Introduction | IS College of Engineering is an engineering college located in West Bengal, India. The college was established in the millennium year 2000 by JIS Foundation and over the last decade grown in rapid strides to transform it into an Autonomous Institute.
The Institution is declared Autonomous by the University Grant Commission University Grants Commission (UGC) in 2011. The autonomous status conferred with qualification of 2(f) and 12(b). The Institution is approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and affiliated to West Bengal University of Technology (WBUT). The Institution was accredited by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) in 2009 and all its eligible technological departments are accredited by National Board of Accreditation (NBA) or under re accreditation process. Further, the Institution has qualified for the World Bank Grant of Rs. 4 crore under Technical Education Quality Improvement Programme (TEQIP) Phase II in the Subcomponent 1.2, for PG and Demand driven Research & Development & Innovation, as the only private self-financed institution from the State of West Bengal after three lead Universities JU, BESU and CU.
Infrastructure | The College has strength of 3000 + students pursuing various degree engineering courses along with computer application and management. The Campus is an ideal educational ambience with Classrooms, Laboratories, Smart Classrooms, Seminar Halls, Conference Halls, Computer Centre, Central Library, Gymnasium, Store and Canteen with campus WI Fi connectivity.
Departmental events like Märsqüiz, Scizone, Robotrack, Tabulation etc., keep students engaged and innovative. Backed by several clubs such as Engineering and Modelling Club, Science Club, Photography Club, Mathematics Society, Trekking Club, Computer Society provides a strong background for students to compete at different national and international level competitions.
College also provides financial help to students competing at national level events and also provides full financial support for internship of meritorious students at International Tie-ups.
Top Searched Links By ENGINEERINGENQUIRY.COM
- Top Medical College Karnataka | Top Medical College Bangalore | Top Raked College Karnataka
- Top 20 Engineering college Bangalore | Genuine rank of Top Engineering college
- Top 25 Pharma college india | NIRF Ranking| 2017 Genuine Ranking | Top Pharma Colleges India
- Top 20 Pharmacy College Bangalore | Top Pharma College Bangalore | Genuine Ranking
- List Of Top Dental College Karnataka | Top 35 Dental College Karnataka | Genuine Ranking
- Top 20 Engineering College Pune | Genuine Ranking | Contact
- Top 20 MBA | PGDM | Management Colleges in Mumbai | Pune
- Top 20 MBA / PGDM / Management Colleges in Bangalore
- Top 20 MBA / PGDM / Management Colleges in Delhi-NCR
- Top 20 Computer Application BCA | MCA College Of Bangalore | India
- Top 25 Management College | BBA | BBM | BMS in Bangalore
- Top Nursing Colleges Bangalore | B.sc Nursing | M.sc Nursing | P.B Nursing
- Top Law College Pune | Mumbai | LLB | BALLB | BBALLB
- Top Law College Bangalore | LLB | BA LLB | BBA LLB | LLM | Ph.D