- Address | Nabajyoti Vihar, Nijigarh Kurki, Harirajpur P.O., Jatni, Bhubaneswar, Odisha 752050, India
- Founded in |
- Motto | Stands for Quality Education
- Course Offered | B.Tech | M.Tech | MCA
- College type | Private, Education, Research, Engineering, Institution
- Approved By | AICTE | NAAC | NBA | BPUT Rourkela
Orissa Engineering College | Bhubaneswar
Orissa Engineering College (OEC) is the first private engineering college to be established in Odisha. It was set up way back in 1986 when the concept of private education was yet to be understood by people. Orissa Engineering College is the result of the vision of Late Shri Kamini Kanta Patnaik, who laid the foundation of what is today one of the best technical institutes in the state & the Country.OEC is a part of Nabajyoti Charitable Trust’s endeavour to provide quality education. The college was started with an aim to provide quality technical education to a wider domain of illustrious students of the state of Odisha in particular and the nation in general. Orissa Engineering College is affiliated to the Biju Patnaik University of Technology and has been approved by AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education).
B.E/B.Tech Engineering Course Sanctioned Intake
- B.Tech in Civil Engineering |120 seats
- B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering |120seats
- B.Tech in Information Technology| 90 seats
- B.Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering |60seats
- B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering |120 seats
- B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering |120 seats
- Duration : 4 years
- Eligibility | Exam Required : JEE Main
- Successful completion of +2 Science with Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry / Biology / Biotechnology / Computer Science with a minimum of 45% (Aggregate) in Physics, Mathematics & Chemistry /Biology /Biotechnology /Computer Science is a must.
- Engineering Diploma Holders can also appear for the exam. The Minimum % of the qualifying examination is 45% for the above criteria students Or for more information regarding admission through Orissa JEE
Post Graduation M.E/M.Tech Degree Course
- M.Tech. in Computer Science & Engineering |18 seats
- M.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering |18 seats
- Duration | 2 years
- Exam Required | GATE/PGAT Score with 60% in BE/B.Tech
- Eligibility | For admission to First Year Master Degree programme in – BPUT invites applications from candidates for all its affiliated colleges offering M.Tech Programme.The candidates are called for qualifying a written test (Online) followed by personal interview depending upon the availability of seats in different colleges, the candidates can opt. a seat in the counseling
Master in Bussiness Management (MBA)
- The CENTRE FOR MANAGEMENT STUDIES (CMS)and ORISSA ENGINEERING COLLEGE (OEC), the twin Professional and Technical Institutes respectively are promoted by the Nabajyoti Charitable Trust (NCT) formed by Late Sri. Kamini Kanta Patnaik the great visionary of Odisha. The Trust started its journey of providing quality technical education by setting up Odisha’s first Engineering College in the private sector in the year 1986.Over the last 25years ORISSA ENGINEERING COLLEGE (OEC) has grown into a premier technical institute of Odisha dedicated to quality Education in Engineering. Keeping in line with the broader vision, the trust diversified into Management Education and established CENTRE FOR MANAGEMENT STUDIES (CMS) in 2001. It has also drawn up ambitious plans to venture into other areas of Technical Education shortly. With All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) approval, CMS aims to impart quality Professional Education through MBA curriculum of BIJU PATNAIK UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY (BPUT). The Centre for Management Studies is spread over approx. 4 acres of land. The institute is housed in a 16000 sq. ft. area, equipped with all modern facilities for Education and Training.
- (Two Years Full Time) The intensive & industry oriented course-curriculum prepares the students to meet high industry standards in this era of globalization. The course curriculum is designed to address the contemporary needs of the society & provide highly skilled professionals for the corporate world.
iii) HRiv) Retail Management
- Duration | 2 years
- Exam Required : MAT/CAT/XAT/OJEE or ATMA
- Eligibility : Students interested in pursuing MBA at the Centre for Management Studies can apply for admission if they are graduates general with 50% & SC/ST with 45% in any discipline from a recognized university in India, and have secured a valid rank from CAT/MAT/XAT/OJEE.
College regularly recuriting its students in top national & multinational companies by providing them world class level traininig through experts. From the past years the visiting companies’ ratio has been increased in a very fast speed, which shows the product quality of the college. The placment cell of the college also oranises various training programmes such as Workshop on MATLAB, FDP on ORACLE, FDP on JAVA.
The placement cell imparts pre-placement training, which is divided into three categories:
- Technical – This takes care of their technical proficiency in the technical subjects related to Computer Science
- Aptitude – This training is meant for preparing students to face the written exams which are part of the recruitment process of most of the companies.
- Soft Skills – This training is imparted to students to enhance their communication skills and to teach corporate etiquettes so that they are well prepared not only to face group discussion, interviews, role plays and other assessments but have no problem in blending into the corporate culture after joining a company.