- Address | NH91, Tehsil Dadri, Gautam Buddha Nagar, Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh 201314, India
- Establishment | 2011
- College Type | Private College | University
- Course Offered | B.Tech | M.Tech | B.Pharma | M.Pharma | MBA
- Approved By | UGC | Ministry of HRD |
Introduction | Shiv Nadar University (or SNU) is a private interdisciplinary research university founded in 2011 in Dadri, Uttar Pradesh in India. It was founded as part of a series of initiatives launched by the Shiv Nadar Foundation, a private philanthropic foundation funded by Shiv Nadar, founder and chairman of HCL.
The University’s stated aim is “to create an enduring, research-led, inter-disciplinary university.”. The University was established by the Act no. 12 of 2011 of State Legislature of Uttar Pradesh as a State Private University, and was empowered by the UGC to award degrees under Section 22 of the UGC Act, 1956. The University started the Engineering Majors in the Academic Year 2011-12 with the approval of the AICTE. The University is currently registered with DSIR, Government of India as a Research Institution.
B.E/B.Tech/Engineering Course Offered
The School of Engineering at Shiv Nadar University offers B.Tech programs in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering and Computer Science and Engineering. The B.Tech programs at SNU prepare students with a broad foundation in fundamental principles of Mathematics, Science and Engineering, and the ability to apply this knowledge to the design, analysis and implementation of real-life complex systems.
- B.Tech. in Chemical Engineering
- B.Tech. in Civil Engineering
- B.Tech. in Computer Science & Engineering
- B.Tech. in Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- B.Tech. in Electronics & Communication Engineering
- B.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering
Duration | 4 Years
- Passed intermediate examination of U.P. Board or 10 + 2 level examination or its equivalent from any recognized Board / University
- Securing minimum 45% marks (40% marks for SC/ST) in aggregate without grace marks in each compulsory subject as Physics, Maths and one optional subject as Chemistry/Biology/ Biotech / Technical Vocational Subject.
M.E/M.Tech/Postgraduate Engineering Course Offered
- Shiv Nadar University is a multi-disciplinary research focused University. The University provides its graduate scholars with a discovery-driven intellectual environment and encourage the development of interdisciplinary research orientation focused on tackling intellectually and socially relevant problems.
- With the aim to develop scholars for leadership positions in academic and research focused organizations the graduate scholars are trained in academic and research publishing processes as well as honed in their teaching abilities.
- M.Tech. in Civil Engineering
- M.Tech in Chemical Engineering
- M.Tech. in Computer Science and Engineering
- M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering
- M. Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering
Duration | 2 Years
- Passed B.E / B.Tech in Computer Science/ Information Technology/MCA with at least 60% marks or equivalent CGPA for General & OBC Candidate (55% for SC/ST)
- Qualified Candidates of FATE 2017 / GATE
- Candidate who are not working in any Organization / Institution.
- History | In 1994, Nadar established Shiv Nadar Foundation (SNF) and created its first initiative in Chennai, the SSN Institutions. The Foundation was a significant driver of social change and education through institutions spanning the education spectrum from schools to colleges. The SNF decided to build a unique research-led interdisciplinary university that can be identified as India’s first Ivy League institution. In the early 2010s a 286-acre land plot near the town of Dadri was earmarked for building the campus. The university started with an undergraduate curriculum that was unique and unprecedented in India. The curriculum was designed to allow students to major in a particular subject while also studying and experimenting with a range of other minor and elective subjects and getting degrees with minors/ specialisations.
- Prof. Rupamanjari Ghosh is the current Vice Chancellor of Shiv Nadar University. She took charge as the VC in February 2016. She was preceded by the University’s Founding Vice Chancellor Dr. Nikhil Sinha, who served the University for almost 5 years.
Top Searched Links By engineeringenquiry
- Top 20 Engineering college Bangalore | Genuine rank of Top Engineering college
- Top 20 Engineering College Pune | Genuine Ranking | Contact
- Engineering College In Chennai | Top B.E/B.Tech College Tamilnadu | Coimbatore | Madurai
- Top Engineering College West Bengal | Kolkata | Engineering College in Durgapur
- Top Engineering College Odisha | Engineering College In Bhubaneswar | Genuine Ranking